Rosemary Chorizo Stuffed Mushrooms
Flavor Profile: Savory & a Little Spicy
Based on 1 Pack of Chorizo
- 12-16 Ounces of Button or Cremini Mushrooms (If they’re big enough) (1-2 Packs)
- 1 Pack 16 oz Chorizo
- Yellow Onion
- Green & Red Peppers
- 1-2 Garlic Cloves or a dash of Minced Garlic
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Butter (I Usually use a little bit of both)
Measurements aren’t exact with Peppers, Onions, Garlic, etc…Learning to Trust your gut, your eyes, and your tastebuds when it comes to certain recipes is one of the most useful tools I’ve ever learned.
- First Preheat the oven to Bake 400F
- Next, you’ll want a small Sauce Pot filled with water to be heated with medium-high heat ( Not Boiling)
- Then, de-stem your mushrooms and set aside to be used in your Chorizo Mixture.
- While Water & Oven are heating up I get my Vegetables Cut
- Cut up Red and/or Green Pepper, Mushroom Stems, Garlic, Chopped Rosemary, Onion, Chorizo, & add these all to a Hot Saute Pan with a little bit of butter or oil to prevent sticking
- While your Flavor Full Saute Pan is Sweating & Working drop those mushrooms in that hot water for a few minutes.
- I usually go for 1-2 Minutes Each Side
- I like to get the mushrooms started this way so that when I stuff them to go into the oven I know I won’t need too much time and they’ll be cooked all the way through
- So, after, I drop and pull the mushrooms, dry them off, drain them, and set them up on a sheet tray to get ready for stuffing
- Finish the Sauteed Chorizo, Vegetables & Herbs.
- Once finished, stuff mushrooms with mixture, top with Parmesan and bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Finally, Plate the Rosemary Chorizo Stuffed Mushrooms
- You can add a 1/4 Cup of Red Wine while sauteeing which will add great flavor to this Appetizer!